Accepting a property under our Letting Service:
Once KEYS have found a suitable property for you, we would require the property to be secured with the first month’s rental which is non-refundable should you change your mind, therefore please do not secure a property unless you are 100% sure you wish to proceed. The property would then be removed from the market and all the required administration work, agreements, references, and checks carried out. However, this does not form any contract or obligation upon KEYS, or the Landlord should your references and checks not be acceptable.
To complete your application as smoothly and swiftly as possible we will require the following:
- Completed credit check form a charge of £15.00 per applicant is applicable for a local credit check (£25.00 for a UK credit check)
- Registration card confirming your residency status (must be in date)
- Current employer reference
- Current landlord references
- Bank status enquiry or three months bank statements (within the last three months)
- Photographic ID (either passport or driving licence)
- Recent utility bill (within the last three months)
- Deposit made payable to the landlord by cheque or bank transfer
We cannot hand over the keys to the property until the Tenancy agreement is signed and all other paperwork completed together with all cleared funds.
Prior to moving into the property:
You must notify all relevant utility companies (i.e. electricity, gas, water, oil, telecoms) at least five working days prior to the commencement date of your tenancy agreement that you will be taking over the supply throughout the duration of the agreed term.
Tenants will be required to take out appropriate contents insurance to cover them throughout the duration of the agreed term, this policy (if applicable) should also include pet cover for accidental damage.